Q.1 What was Chandragupta-II also known as?
Q.2 That the Rig Vedic Aryana were a pastoral people is borne out by the fact that
- There are many references to the cow in the Rig Veda
- Most of the wars were fought for the sake of cows
- Gifts made to priests were usually cows and not land
- All of the above
Q.3 The Aryans succeeded in their conflicts with the pre-Aryans because
- They used chariots driven by horses
- They were from an advanced urban culture
- They were taller and stronger
- They used elephants on a large scale
Q.4 Coins made of metal first appeared in
- Harappan Civilisation
- Later Vedic Age
- Age of the Buddha
- Age of the Maurya
Q.5 In the early Vedic-period, Varna system was based on
Q.6 Arrange the following Magadhan dynasties in chronological order:
- IV, II, III and I
- II, I, IV and III
- IV, II, I and III
- III, I, IV and II
Q.7 Which of the following are beliefs of Buddhism?
(I) The world is full of sorrows.
(II) People suffer on account of desire.
(III) If desires are conquered, nirvana will be attained.
(IV) The existence of God and soul must be recognised.
- (I), (II), (III) and (IV)
- (II) and (III)
- (I), (II) and (III)
- (II), (III) and (IV)
Q.8 The Greeks were driven out of India by
- Chandragupta Vikramaditya
- Chandragupta Maurya
Q.9 The Great Bath of Indus Valley civilisation is found at
Q.10 Who was the court poet of Harsha-vardhana?
- Ravi Kirti
- Vishnu Sharma
For More Quiz Click Here–> Modern Indian History