Q.1 Which of the following statements about Arthasastra is not true?
- It prescribes the duty of a king
- It describes the then economic life of the country
- It lays down the principles of politics
- It highlights the need for financial reforms
Q.2 What is said to be the original home of the Sungas?
Q.3 Milindapanho is a
- History of a dynasty
- Prakrit drama
- Sanskrit play
- Religious conversation
Q.4 Who wrote Ashtadhyayi?
Q.5 The first Persian ruler who occupied part of Indian territory was
Q.6 Alexander the great, was obliged to go back because
- He fell ill
- He suffered defeat in India
- His forces refused to go further
- He did not like India
Q.7 The one most important feature of the Mauryan Administration was
- Wide powers enjoyed by the provincial governors
- The presence of a ‘council of ministers’
- The presence of vast, numerous powers of the bureaucracy
- An extensive network of spy-system
Q.8 The principles of Ashoka’s Dharma (Dhamma) were taken from
- The moral virtues of all Indian religions of that period
Q.9 Which social evil was conspicuously absent in ancient India?
- Sati system
- Devadasi system
- Purdah system
Q.10 The greatest Saka ruler of India, who was a great conqueror, is said to have gained fame by being well-versed in grammar, polity, logic, music etc. and had taken a vow not to kill men except in battle. Who was he?
For More Quiz Click Here–> Modern Indian History