Q.1 Govind Ballabh Pant Sagar which has the distinction of being the largest man-made lake in Asia, forms part of
- Damodar Valley Project
- Chambal Project
- Tehri Dam
- Kosi Project
Q.2 Which one of the following statements is not true?
- Ghaggar’s water is utilized in the Indira Gandhi Canal
- Narmada raised from Amarkantak region
- Nizatn Sagar is situtated on the Manjra river
- Penganga is a tributary of the Godavai
Q.3 Which of the following is a natural harbour?
Q.4 Which of the following hill stations is not located in Himachal Pradesh?
Q.5 Which of the following States is called the “Garden of Spices”?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
Q.6 The capacity of the atmosphere to hold water vapour
- Increases as the temperature increases
- Decreases as the temperature increases
- Increases as the temperature decreases
- Decreases as the temperature decreases
Q.7 In India the problem of utilization of agricultural wastes is in
- Conversion of cellulose into sugar
- Conversion of bran into molasses
- Conversion of starch into alcohol
- Conversion of sugar into carbohydrates
Q.8 Consider the following statements:
A. Tides are of great help in navigation and fishing
B. High tide enables big ships to enter or leave the harbour safely
C. Tide prevents siltation in the harbours
D. Kandla and Diamond Harbour are tidal ports
Which of these statements are correct?
- A and D
- B, C and D
- A, B and C
- A, B, C and D
Q.9 Which of the following is a new bio-fertilizers?
- Green Blue Algae
- Farmyard manure
Q. 10 Which of the following is a tropical monsoon crop?